Hellmuth & Johnson
Contact: Nancy Polomis
Location: 8050 West 78th Street, Edina, MN 55439
Phone: 952-941-4005 x105
Associations Served in the Last 5 Years: 200-300
Number of Employees: 90
Our attorneys’ involvement extends from development and formation of community associations to ongoing representation. In addition to working with associations directly, we also represent property managers, service providers, builders and developers of condominiums, townhomes (Planned Unit Developments or Planned Communities), single-family communities and cooperative associations. In a sector where surprises can be costly and overlooked details can come back to haunt you, our attorneys provide the peace of mind that comes from being on solid legal ground. Our legal services include:
- Drafting of Declarations, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Association Rules and Regulations, and Occupancy Agreements, as well as amending those documents
- Cooperative Housing: Assist with member selection, rule enforcement, termination of membership and corporate governance issues
- Construction defect and warranty claims and lawsuits
- Collection of association assessments
- Enforcement of covenants, restrictions, and rules
- Annual meeting assistance and corporate record maintenance
- Initial drafting and amendment of Declarations, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and Association Rules and Regulations
Return to top
Roell Painting Company
Contact: Nick Roell
Location: 7144 Shady Oak Road, Eden Prairie
Associations Served in the Last 5 Years: 2,000+
Year Established: 2001
One of our primary roles as a vendor in the association space is to help educate managers and communities alike on the mechanics of their maintenance and construction projects – primarily large capital improvement projects. As managers, one of your strengths is to know a “little about a lot.” As experts in our trade, we know a LOT about a little and our goal is to present this information in a way that is easy to understand. This helps communities navigate the sometimes complex web of property upkeep and empowers them to make informed and responsible budgetary decisions that preserve and enhance the value of their homes.
Deck Products and Services
Return to top
Contact: Kirk Gassen
Location: 6438 City West Parkway, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Associations Served in the Last 5 Years: 300
Year Established: 1986
Number of Employees: 50
Gassen Company a family-owned, Minnesota-based company, has been exceeding expectations since 1986. We have the information and resources you need to effectively handle the unique Minnesota issues facing your association. Since 1986, Gassen Management has perfected the management of Minnesota-based HOAs. We have dealt with the most challenging and complex situations on behalf of our clients and are equipped to partner with your association to enhance the value of your most valuable asset, your home.
Gassen Company will work with you to develop an effective management plan based on your needs, expectations and our management expertise. Association management requires direct supervision by experienced professionals who inspect your property frequently, respond promptly to requests, resolve problems quickly and protect the value of your property.
We take your investment in our company very seriously. We demonstrate excellence by caring more and providing more than others may think is wise. "We want you to remember that Gassen Company did what they said they would do."
Gassen Company, Inc. is a licensed Real Estate Broker
Return to top
Sara Lassila, CPA, Inc.
Contact: Sara Lassila
Location: PO Box 202, Excelsior, MN 55331
My firm is known for solving client problems associated with accounting assurance (audit and review), financial reeporting, taxes and tax planning, and educating and assisting you to keep compliant with unique financial reports and tax rules and regulations. Clients include individuals, businesses (yes, Homeowners Associations are businesses - for both tax and financial reporting), nonprofit organizations, and contractors. Our client relationships are about "more than just the numbers."
Banking & Finance Services
Return to top
Smith Jadin Johnson, PLLC
Contact: Anthony Smith
Location: 7900 Xerxes Avenue South Suite 2020, Bloomington MN 55437
Smith Jadin Johnson proudly provides comprehensive legal services to residential and commercial community associations and property management companies. We regularly provide legal services and advice to clients on a wide range of community and condominium association law, including:
We also regularly represent community associations in litigation when necessary, including:
- Drafting and amending community association governing documents, including Declarations, Bylaws and Rules and Regulations
- Enforcement of community association governing documents
- Legal opinions regarding the interpretation and enforcement of association governing documents
- Collection of association fees and assessments
- Contract review and negotiation
- Dispute resolution with association members
- Dispute resolution with vendors and other third parties
As a boutique law firm, we have created an environment that allows us to provide high-quality legal services to our clients at a reasonable rate with a level of personal attention that larger law firms cannot match.
- Insurance disputes
- Construction defect lawsuits
- MCIOA warranty claims
- Contract disputes
Return to top